Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Hello Everyone,
As you can see I haven't been writing in my blog lately.  Just haven't had the time or should I say I haven't made the time. A lot of fun and exciting things have been happening for me and my creations. I almost feel as though I need to write several blog entries just to catch you all up on what's been going on with me.  I have an art show that my art will be appearing in on Sept. 21 at Bon Vida .  For more info contact me at www.blacknails31@yahoo.com  I will include some photos from some of my creations on display.

I had closed down my etsy shop for a while to organize my dolls and art. None to fear it is open again.  We have been decluttering and now I can find all of the projects that need to be completed.  I am so content when my environment is organized and neat so I can find all that I need whilst I am creating.  I am limited on space and I don't have the luxury at this moment of having my own art studio so I make do with what space I have in the garage and I have devised a system that is working for me for now.

In the process of decluttering I was able to find this handbag that I had been working on for over a year.  I will post the pictures with this entry.  And people have been showing interest in my handmade handbags and purses.  I make all of my handbags and purses using recycled fabrics,recycled materials,found broken objects,seashells,sea glass,acrylic paints,my handmade polymer clay beads and they are all handsewn not a sewing machine involved in any part of the process.
 
This particular bag I used a pair of khaki pants and a base for the bag.  I cut up strips of fabric and then handsewed each square using fluorescent  embroidery threads. The inside of the handbag is lined with black jean fabric with a pocket to fit  a cell phone and keys.   I attached a zipper up top to secure all of your goodies.  
The other side of the handbag has a fortune teller with an evil eye in the palm of one of her hands.  I will post a photo of the other side soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment