Sunday, April 26, 2009

Devila Darkmoon Two-sided doll








So this is Devila Darkmoon. She is a two-sided doll. I used acrylic paints, recycled fabrics, avocado pit for the red skull. I painted snakes on the body on one side and flowers on the other.
I am thinking about giving her a mermaid tail and horns. The dolls speak to me and tell me how they want to be . I have been creating this doll for about 2yrs now and I sometimes get impatient and want to be done but the doll will only know when he or she is complete. Every detail comes together eventually so after 9yrs of creating dolls I have learned to surrender to the process and not be in such a hurry to let the creation go. I thought that I was crazy for starting so many dolls and not bringing all of them to their completion as most doll makers do. But I am learning to let go of the outcome. I can have an idea as to what I think a creation should look like and the doll's spirit will tell me just the opposite. Creating this particular doll really convinced me that I am not in control. She has been through many transitions and I know that it has a lot to do with the transitions I have gone through personally.
I hope that you enjoy this creation and it inspires you to create art.


No comments:

Post a Comment